Types of Coffees1 August 2008 in General
A quick look at some of the popular types of coffees:
• American roast (regular) – Medium roasted beans, not too light or heavy in taste.
• French roast – Heavily roasted beans which makes coffee stronger.
• Italian roast – Glossy, dark brown beans, strong taste and used for espresso.
• European roast – 2/3rd heavily roasted beans mixed with 1/3rd regular roast.
• Viennese roast – 1/3rd heavily roasted beans mixed with 2/3rd regular roast.
• Instant coffee - Powder made from heat-dried coffee, freshly brewed.
• Freeze-dried coffee – Brewed coffee frozen into slush before the water is dissolved.
• Decaffeinated coffee – Before the roasting process caffeine is taken out of the beans with the use of a chemical solvent, which evaporates entirely when the beans are roasted. The Swiss water process also steams the beans and then strips away the outer layers of caffeine.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
- Cheese – Such A Nutritious Food
24 June 2011
- Gifts For Coffee Lovers, Specialty Blend Coffee & More
9 March 2011
- Remodeling? Don’t Forget The Pot Racks
13 May 2010
- Sourcing Commercial Restaurant Supplies
3 April 2010
- Shopping For The Kitchen
4 January 2010
- Reine Isham:
I was traveling thru Vermont on vacation and stopp...